You might think that burglars are only attracted to diamonds and stacks of money, but that is not necessarily true. Some of the most popular items stolen from a home are pretty ordinary, some are so average that you might not even immediately realize that they were stolen.
According to an insurance claim analysis conducted by Direct Line in 2015, these are the top ten items that were stolen by a burglar.
2. Mobile Phones
3. Power Tools
7. Golfing Equipment
8. Gardening Tools
9. Audio Equipment
Now that you know what a burglar is looking for, it's time to keep your possessions safe.
1. Home owners insurance--Get it if you don't already have it. Take pictures and list your valuable items with your insurance agent. If you ever have your items stolen, the insurance company will file a claim and it should be settled rather quickly so your items can be replaced.
2. Put a tracking device app on your phone. This might help lead to an arrest when you file the report with the police.
3. Don't keep your laptop and other electronics near windows that can be easily viewed from the outside when you're away from your home.
4. If you can, register your bike and power tools through the manufacturer.
5. Ward off possible intruders with a monitored security system. Monitored security systems don't have to be pricey, MediaPro offers Protect America security packages for just $19.99/mo. Give us a call at 231-788-2922 to learn more. Plus, most insurance policies offer a discount to those that have a monitored security system at their home!